PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War Zone on Channel 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2009, 18:37
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seldom wrote; Lots of stuff about being told to eat a takeaway to camera by a nasty film producer called Piers..

".. whilst there was some undeniably good footage of us doing airdrop and the like there is also some rather inane stuff that they may use. On my second to last night we were fortunate enough to pick up a nice Thai meal from Kabul which the film crew insisted they record us eating whilst sat in the para door for the transit home.......queue the usual pie eating comments that us Albert crews have worked so hard to engender over the years.

I am sure to Joe Public the series will be pretty good and and will make fairly compelling watching but I have this sneaking feeling us light blue folk are going to be right royally raped by our sister services once this programme comes to air."
Er, the film crew 'insisted'? You've identified the flak that will come, yet you still allowed yourself to be filmed doing it?

A spot of basic media handling, a splash of common sense and trying just that little bit harder not to mince when you're in the vicinity of a tv camera would have worked wonders. 'Raped'? For being a media whore, for your naivety and stupidity (and even worse - admitting it), you deserve all you get from the army mate. And right up the ARRSE too.