PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comparison - EC, Bell, Agusta
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2009, 04:57
helopat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're right, the Bell 429 is still undergoing it certification, so you probably won't get any advice from experienced drivers on this forum.

I drive the A109E and know some folks who drive the Grand. I think you'll find it is a very easy flying, comfortable machine. The A109 has all the above; range (if you're not encumbered with lots of pax/baggage), speed (both machines have cruise at 130kias or better) and comfort (dependent on what the customer wants from the manufacturer). Baggage space is fairly good (don't have the actual dimensions or weight limit on hand). However, when you're talking about six people (and a pilot = 7) and baggage you need to ask some more specific questions. For example, with those 6 people on board each with just a small overnight kit bag, you're not going to get really long range (necessary, at least with the A109E to manage AUW so its either fuel or pax/baggage). Another thing to think about is whether your employer wants a new or used machine. As I understand it, new machines are taking a fairly long time to come off the assembly line...not entirely sure what used A109 availability is like.

I've seen the EC-135 but haven't flown it. Lots of glass in the aircraft so great in flight visibility (especially for crew) but I'm not sure on range, AUW, etc.

Hope this helps.

HP