PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Networking... How?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2002, 11:23
Herc Jerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mate, dinner was good

It looks like i am getting conflicting information- RHS click on My Computer>properties>performance>advanced shows me i have 20MB virtual memory. Changed it and restarted and same warning... BUT under Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management it shows Total Virtual Mem~520MB and Page File Space ~260MB.

BUT my Norton System Doctor which i have sitting in the bottom LHS of my screen (and has a "Low" Base Priority as a process in Task Manager as SYSDOC32.exe), is still showing "busy" on 5 out of the 8 sensors that i use on it. Leads me to figure that something is still amiss as this will probably be a good indication of things back to normal as it will get allocated resources last... yes/no/maybe?

JJ tell me, could this be one of those problems that i could chase my tail around about for ever and a day and find eventually that i have to live with it or re-install? If so, i would prefer to get on with it and re-install now, only because i am a meathead and installed this win2K, THEN checked the HP update sight and found that there is a BIOS update specifically for win2K on the HP4150 but it is supposed to be installed BEFORE win2K

BTW as you mentioned the IIS server, i went into cntrl panel>add/remove programs>windows and uninstalled the IIS business, then deleted the offending user accounts except for as you said. Much more pleasing to behold!

Also have done the windows updates- at least a whole bundle of them (critical etc) will trundle off now and see if and what it says more for me to do.

About lunch time for you now isn't it mate?

HJ