PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War Zone on Channel 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2008, 12:25
rockape2k7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like it or not you opened the debate Minigun

So lets continue...

Why not try passing on your view of Kandahar to the familes of three gunners sent back from here, - of which one now is minus a lower leg - and two still in lengthy rehab following an IED strike in recent months. Try telling that to the Candians in Task Force Kandahar who lost 3 guys just last weekend. Try telling that to the other European familes who have had their loved ones/kids flown back in recent months after they were badly injured in IDF attacks.

Frankly, your point of view stinks...and is an immature cheap shot at people critical to successs in AFG; most of all you display ill-considered timing. Best of luck and well done if you have been deployed elsewhere and had it tougher. We'll crack on out here.

And, to the point of the original post, I'm looking forward to the documentary - well done to Channel 5 to pick up on a different and non-Helmandshire role that the UK is involved in in AFG. From what I saw, the crew were a top bunch and really engaged in what goes on out here. I think the prospects are good for the series.