PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 31st Dec 2008, 04:07
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNAM :

please elaborate ??

well let me think, what do expats come to the ME, namely Qatar... night life ?? there is more active and better night life on any given sunday or national holiday than there is at the best day of the week in Qatar.. ( private party scene is quite good though) .. maybe culture ? well i'll leave that one alone for respect, but one thing for sure all that the local folks are interested in is building bigger and better, or something newer and fancier than the neighbor.. no true historic value can be seen anywhere.
is it lifestyle then ?? if you compare Qatar's lifestyle with that of a 3rd world country then i'll say yes to that one, other than that is very limited. why would someone leave their country to become treated like a second class citizen.

so what does that leave me. wake up a bit SNAM. most all expats are avoiding the tax man in our home countries ( money) QA pays a fair wage for the job done ( money) we get paid on time all the time ( money) we can buy things on credit that we could no do so easily in our home countries ( money), we can save, money, easily due to lack of things to do in this country ( money). we have all transplanted our lives, and families to this country to build a better future faster back home ( root of this .. MONEY) .. that vast majority of us are here for the money, no 2 ways about it.

yes there are some local arabic folks from surrounding countries that come for a bit of a better maybe more modern life ( libya, Sudan ) to name only 2 and NOT meant to generalize, even some of those guys are here,, for the MONEY.. thats why so many expats come to a Tax free region. if a income Tax of 20 to 50 percent ( like most countries ) would be applied, then you would see NO ONE out here.. ( again MONEY)

poisoned by compromise ( and money)
Krunch