PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Link in Crisis again....now its for Captains!
Old 31st Dec 2008, 00:28
Dee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your missing the point people, why is there a freeze at eastern but not at sunstate, and the Q400 is a sunstate aircraft. Also a few of the frozen F/O's have been in the company for more than 18 months, Also why does the freeze apply to those who went directly onto the Q400. All the comments regarding Gen Y etc what a load of ****, times change move with it also the direct entry F/O's who Im referring to have vast experience, Qlink is not their first job, they did fly before hand and gained valuable experience on T-prop and Jets.

Also managment find it to their advantage when they do and dont enforce so called rules (re: Freeze). Management will run into this problem again in the future when the trainees reach command upgrade time, none will have ATPL then what will they do, to0 much short term quick fix thinking to fix problems even though they are warned by most who can see it coming.

My main point is why recruit externally when the experience is already in the company, freeze or no freeze.... thats the issue (not the you know what you signed up for ####, tell that to a vietnam vet or a WW2 soldier, situations change so be flexible and adapt.

And for Mr Whippy, I never said it effected me, i just saw the problem and have suggested a solution, Im quite happy with my lifestyle roster and not getting flogged. After all the EBA does say "up to 18 months" for the freeze. so does this mean it can be waivered.

Quote : A pilot who elects to bid from a Dash 8 300/200 or 100 series aircraft onto the Dash 8 –
400 will lose the right to undertake a further change of equipment, status or variant for a
period of up to eighteen (18) months, from the date of clearance to the line.

Last edited by Dee; 31st Dec 2008 at 01:30.