PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini News
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 23:23
7mile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From todays Post Courier at
Post-Courier Online

Basically, a "Security man" took K100 from a booked passenger having been denied boarding on a supposably full flight, obtained baggage tags and a boarding pass for that passenger. Even by PNG standards, this sort of thing stinks.

OK, Grammon and Rakum, problem bilong yu.

Air Niugini needs honest, transparent staff
I took my mother inlaw to the airport for her return flight to Mt Hagen ( 3 ) three hours & thirty minutes before her boarding time but was
told by the staffs at the check in counter that the flight was already full. While waiting at the counter to see their supervisor a Papuan
lady by the Name of Alu some other passengers numbering 10 to 15 all joined me in the que having faced the same faith.
We all expected something good from her but was told by her that the flight was already full and asked us to come back the next day for the
morning flight so most of the passengers went back while I, my mother inlaw and one of my brother who was also denied a seat on that flight
waited to see if a miracle could happen in the last minute because we did not want to take our cooked food bought with our hard earned money
for our loved ones in Hagen to be taken back home.
While waiting a Air Niugini Security came and took my brother`s ticket and asked him to give K100.00 to take it to a staff at the counter to
help allocate a seat so my brother without delay gave the security guard a K100.00 and he took the ticket into the check in counter area and
several minutes later came back with a boarding pass and some baggage tegs for his three bags which is in excess of the required 16 kilo per
ticket.
He then gave the boarding pass to my brother and assisted him to get pass the security check into the departure lounge leaving his baggage
behind for him to put the tegs on and put them through without going to the weighing scale so my brother`s K100.00 planned to use with
Friends & Family in Hagen was given to this dishonest staffs .
My mother inlaw who was to return on that flight was denied so we went back and came back very early the next day @ 4.30am.
Can the management look into to this problem because the traveling public have already felt the pain on Air niugini`s really expensive fares.
Happy New Year.

Ekit Kuu Kange