PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Air Temperature
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2002, 06:56
JEP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Fawlty (I just love that show - have seen the same episodes lots of times and they still almost kill me - danish and english humour are pretty much the same).

Acutually Ferets explanation helps a lot.
I have noticed the cold draught (hope it is spelled correct) comming down the side walls.

I just wanted to know, if it was just a matter of turning af knob a bit or there were some technical / operational explanation for it.
I understand that the various types might have a few individual quirks and as an enginner I can imagine the challenge it is to design a system that can maintain a comfortable temperature in an aircraft having all temperatures from -50 to +50 dec C on the outside.

Next time I will go for an aisle seat in the center section or ask the cabin crew if something can be done - knowing it might not be possible unless you create a tropic environment in the flightdeck forcing the pilots to fly in their underwear.. - it might not be a pretty sight and cause unbearable working conditions for the cabin attendants looking after the flightdeck .