PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - do you use gps
Thread: do you use gps
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 15:50
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote ShyTorque:

You have to love it when a 300 hour copilot comes here to tell everyone that they have been doing it wrong for thirty five years or more.

Actually I have been doing aviation for 55 years and credit a lot of my being here to evolving with technology as it became available.

My reason for posting on the private pilot forum is to hopefully encourage private pilots to evolve past their PPL training and embrace modern technology that may one day save your life.

As to your being disappointed by my comments Sciolistes I apologize for having copied your own post here, however there is a reality in aviation that when you take a position on something that does not fit well with some of the other posters here your position will be measured by your background and exposure to the world of flying.

Here is a make believe situation whereby you may measure your real level of knowledge and experience level as a pilot and thus the value of your advice regarding the art of flying.

I used to be in the business of ferrying aircraft all over the world, now lets assume I need a pilot to move an airplane from say Miami to Berlin, would your credentials be sufficient for me to hire you as PIC to ferry said aircraft?