PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 30th Dec 2008, 13:26
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've said this before and I'll say it again; you need to pick your time to apply to FR very carefully. A prudent wannabe would wait. I'd put money on a much higher pass rate in six months or so, roughly when 738s get delivered and pax figures hit the roof. Just like last spring/summer.

As for Virtualaviation:

The hourly operating costs of the simulator, and the staffing costs, mean there is no way that Ryanair will be making a profit out of running the assessments.
If you go to a company's web site very similar to your own name, you will find the 738 sim is roughly £500 per hour, incl 30 minute briefing. Obviously, they will be making money out of this.

FR assessment is £260 per applicant. 2 applicants per sim for an hour works out at £520 per hour. In other words, slightly more that a viable business charges. I cannot see how they are NOT making money.

The proof is in the pudding. They are assessing masses of wannabes as we speak and fully admit there are no TR courses and no jobs for them untill well into next year if at all. For an airline which charges for debit card payments and uniform, this only makes sense if it is financially viable to do so.

EK