PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA and the DC-9
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 11:29
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TN used to operate a service LST OOL nonstop seasonally, which was particularly well populated at the start of the May school holidays.

The most amusing thing about full ships of 99 psgrs on this run was the traffic staff going through the cabin pre departure and handing every passenger a missing baggage form, as all was generally offloaded and sent via MEL.

We had one F28-4000 nonstop DPO OOL in early May, and no offloads even with 1000kgs of live crayfish in locker 5. Right on MBRW though, and we all watched her (EWD) leave.

Lasting memory of the TN DC9's was TJL on the round Aus run in the Coral Islander rig chucking a turbine and going U/S at PHE.TN556/557 I think - please correct me if I am wrong. Shambles Planning pulled an F27QC out of MEL base and chucked a P & W JT8D onto a pallet and sent it off cross country. It went via every straight stretch of hot mix with a refueller and when they got there they discovered they had sent a turbine that was U/S as well. Operation was duplicated and the F27's passed somewhere over Central Australia.

About a week after TJL reentered service, someone from Fawlty Towers Franklin St noticed that the stylised couple hand in hand on the fin had developed genitalia.

TJL was sent to the paint shop to cure the anhedral flap imbalance and nobody was ever nailed for it.

Loved the DC9 Super 30s as they were known after their refit at TN.

Best all

EWL