PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 11:14
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's absolute rubbish isn't it? You can't expect to be paid huge amounts of money (and let's be straight about this, Pleming's income has been huge by any standards) and then whine about being a "small team" who are unable to be as open as some people would like. What a joke - "focus on doing the job" - my God, he must be incredibly busy. I wonder precisely what he does all day to justify that amount of money?

Sorry, but I've lost all support for TVOC. Yes, they got the aircraft back into the air but frankly I get the distinct impression that their "smoke and mirrors" approach simply disguises the fact that other people could have achieved the task more rapidly and much less expensively. I don't accept that Pleming has done anything to justify the astonishing amount of money he's milked out of well-meaning donors and the very fact that he's patently unwilling to explain his position simply serves to justify my disillusionment with the whole saga. I'm just sorry that XH558 is the ultimate victim of the saga.

However, as I've said before, I can't help feeling similarly disgusted that the aviation press has sat-back and done nothing. What a bunch of toothless wimps. They've spewed-out the TVOC press releases and churned-out the endless photographs but has anybody stopped to ask TVOC some serious questions about the way they've handled the project? Nope, not a word. So much for journalism...