PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fortress, airline interview preparation
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2002, 03:00
Dambuster

I believe these people attempt to teach "common sense" points that you can pick up on this site and with a bit of research around the web, bookshops,other candidates etc also.

Having spoken to a recent candidate that attended a seminar I tend to agree with other contributors to this site.

I'd be saving my money personally and concentrate on being well spoken,well presented and doing abit of research about the respective company's history and recruitment process.
Forewarned is forearmed but then again these guys aren't doing the actual test for you (particularly the psych test) - you have to satisfy the relevant airline's criteria yourself.

The fact that the individual that conducts the seminar when asked if he has any HR/recruitment background, supposedly becomes evasive and states he has "airline experience" to me amounts to the fact that they may have done anything from toilet janitor to mechanic.

To me personally, if I were to spend some $400 dollars or thereabouts I'd be wanting an individual with direct HR/Personnel experience with combined with actual recruitment hands-on time.

If I were to pay $400 I dont want a salesman that very unprofessionally tells supposed foul-mouth locker room jokes but would want an individual that can make a really meaningfully contribution towards a successful outcome.

Last edited by Dambuster; 11th Apr 2002 at 03:04.