PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which watch do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 02:10
Vee1Kut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watches

I have a watch collection...of course, my first one, I needed to be able to calculate a space mission....Seiko E6B, dial might be small, but using the FMS as the cheat sheet for TAS, GS, winds, ect...it works great...if everything goes dark, IMC, just a flash light and dead reckoning...not a bad thing to have...then I moved to old auto pilot watches...big WWII glow in the dark stuff..no batteries needed...that's my choice these days...got a world timer, calculates your local time anyowhere on Earth very nice..

then at the end of it all, 15 watches later...I just don't wear them...between the cell phone, the FMS, passengers, clocks on the wall, my laptop...tough to imagine I won't know what time it is...

But if I went back to flying pistons over the mountains at night...yeah, strap on another watch....

Personaly, I see them as tools...and I kind of have an affinity for autos....used to have a speedmaster...which has a cult following..only watch approved by NASA for space missions,....

I like that old saying that 'math might save your life one day' ....many times that might relate to time keeping as well....

Still haven't found the watch I see in the movies where everyone is around, ready to blow a bridge or something...'ok, syncronize your watches....now',,,,