PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline add ons
Thread: Airline add ons
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 00:22
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although it is obviously all a big marketing ploy to suck you in with a small fare and then lay the 'unavoidable' charges on you - such as checking in etc etc
Totally avoidable as previously mentioned!

I booked flights with FR recently 1p out and 1p back. Total charged to my Electron card = 2p.

I won't be checking in bags, I won't buy on board, but (hopefully) I will get to the continent and back for a total of 2p and to where I want to get to.

Easy answer = hand baggage only/web check-in & get yourself an Electron card like many of us have and just transfer in the cash as and when you need.

Even if you paid the credit card charge, which I should say is £8 roundtrip not £10 like many of you keep mentioning, then I would have paid £8.02 for a return flight to any number of destinations that were available. Add to that if you like a bag to check-in, airport check-in and even pre-board and you still only have a total cost charged to your card of £42.06!

Now I've looked at BA for the same route and get £117.30!

Now in my calculation I could still buy an over priced G'n't and a sandwich and the whole thing would still be cheaper than the BA option.

However work the system and you fly for a penny each way and that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Get over it, you all agree to the charges with Ryanair before you press confirm when you've entered the credit card number and pressed 'OK'. If you're stupid enough not to have noticed the extras then in all fairness you shouldn't really own a credit card should you!

So lets get over the "Ryanair charges whinge" and let this one rest. And please before someone else starts yet another Ryanair bashing thread, get a life it's died it's death now, get an electron card and "Fly Cheaper" or fly with whoever you like, no one cares! Enough people have had their say on this tideous over done topic.