PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijacked MAS flight MH 653 on 4th December 1977
Old 29th Dec 2008, 23:21
jandakotcruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The M'sian aviation community, aviation authorities and government missed a great chance to meaningfully pay tribute to those who perished in that tragedy. It has been 30 years and any " official " secrets should have been let to lapse and allow lessons to be learnt.

When I joined MAS for a short period in the late 1980s/early 1990s, their SEP training did have some elements connected to lessons learnt from that tragedy; they were good procedures for that time. Now in a post 911 world, whatever that come out of TSA and FAA rum ramshod over others.

As for the so called g string, I have personally crossed swords with him when he was MAPA president.......I wonder what MAS pilots had been thinking, putting such an arrogant and insolent ass at the helm of their association. He sold their souls for them!!! I have seen him used the local Malays against their non Malays and vice versa, occasionally throwing expats into his cauldron as he stirred the ****pot to fit his personnal agenda.