PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign Operators whose principal operations are UK based
Old 29th Dec 2008, 19:51
No RYR for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Epsilon

and lower operating costs than UK AOC holders have to bear because they are exempt of the more stringent safety requirements of the UK CAA
Let me say it more SLOWLY because you seem not grasp the real world: we ALL operate to the same JAA standard it is just that the CAA charges more...

I have flown on a number of different AOC's in different countries including an AOC covered by the good old CAA (where I also did my initial training): there is no good or bad country just some authorithies that are better in SOME areas than others and to claim that the CAA is so much better is pathetic....

So get of your patriotic high horse and wonder why UK AOC's have been stuck with long haul FTL's for years while this made regional airlines bleed financially or why the governement wanted the CAA act like a commercial organisation and make money versus cover cost as is the case in most countries.... That is why an AOC might have been more expensive in the UK.

The principle of your argument is floored and should be in the spotters corner...