PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which watch do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 15:56
youngskywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always find this a curious subject when it pops up!

I don't own an expensive watch, but I see nothing wrong with somebody who decides to buy one. Is it not just simply jewellery for a man? Or the desire to own a watch that has perhaps been hand crafted? After all, I bet a lot of you married men here spent thousands on a ring for the missus, does that tell the time?

Yes we could all manage very well with a cheap casio, just the same way that we could all get about our daily lives with a cheap little car...

If I had the spare cash and could justify it then I'd possibly by a Breitling, not to look like a Pilot or to try and make my schlong look smaller, but simply because it's human nature to aspire to own nice things. Whatever rocks yer boat as they say.

A good friend recently purchased a Breitling and when I asked him how he could justify the expense for a watch his reply was simply... "Easy mate, it's about the same cost as a years worth of babies nappies!"...sadly he now has to buy nappies, good job he bought his toys before his life changed!