PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-AEXF Mew Gull - Some Questions
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 14:31
Opssys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reached a point just before Christmas when researching XF was interfering with every other project and indeed preparations for the Christmas Break - So decided to stop work on it for a Week.

One thing is now clear that a PDF Version will be essential, and I shall be restarting work on the G-AEXF History in the next few days! However as I planned the period between XMAS and New Year as the time to update and expand the Gatwick-Heathrow Air Links into a corrected 2nd Edition and I am a little peeved I didn't realise how much I would become involved with the Mew Gull

Moving on to the latest posts:
Flying Lawyer:
Later this week I will contact Skyport Engineering who were involved in the first Penrose/Henshaw Restoration and then Hawker Restorations/AJD Engineering
for the second Penrose Restoration and the Henshaw Replica.
Also Thanks very much for the snippet on :
Forward visibility with the Cape config cockpit was very poor when the aircraft was on the ground. Henshaw taxiied it by walking beside the aircraft with his hand on the throttle!

Deepsouth:
Thanks for the updated information on the Advertisement and the narrowing of relevant dates. I agree that HAPS must have had the Mew Gull in 1967 so 1966 is still possible. It is interesting that Personal Plane Services were the sales agents.
I guess I'll try Tony Bianchi's company to see if their PPS Archive has the advertisement date.
Also a thank you for the 'Heads Up' on Leslie Hunt.

As for:
My sincere respect to you for taking on this task!
Respect, or lack of it, will only be earned when the Gurus of PPRuNe have seen the finished article and decided on its merits (or otherwise). I am never happy with any project, Airline/Airport Computer System Design, or Training Manual, I have ever produced and I have no doubt I will feel the same about this, but having such a knowledgeable group waiting to review it, well obviously I'm under no pressure at all to ensure I do a good job .