PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Are The R.A.F. Regiment For?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 11:59
The Burning Bush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NURSEY
I don't seam to recall the RAF Regt having armour on Granby or being in the Vanguard. That was done by REAL soldiers. RLC went through the Berms in unarmoured trucks carrying supplies much closer to the front line than the regt ever was.
Have sat and listened to some of the regts Kn0bs going on about how they are on power with the RM's/Para's but when they walk into the usual trap about what their actual role is and which army units have a similar Job description it boils down to the Loggies Pioneer regiment (who are a dam sight more flexible being able to do light building work, drive MHE/Plant, run the mortuary etc etc etc)
Yes the army do see helecopters as a truck with a fan on top but thats what they are to most troops a way of moving from A-B or getting kit from A-B as long as they are available and arrive on time without much hassel troops are happy to let those tasked with looking after them do their Job. Why do troops have problems maybe training issues maybe by the time they're comming to use them they have an awful lot more things on their minds.

As to idea of CAS to merge AAC and FAA into the RAF has been tried before in 1920/30's and set naval avation back a decade. CAS should look at providing the Army and Navy with the support they need as opposed to empire building
The reason that you don't get the difference between PPrune and ARRSE is the same reason that I joined the RAF Regt and not the Army. And I'm not even going to mention the factual and spelling errors in your last post.....

Speaking of Kn0bs......NURSE....NURSE