PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger safety compromised at TAP
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 11:01
MadDog Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jds_Portugal,

Only to avoid misunderstandings, that stupid post was from Endok. Endok's first post funnily enough! It wasn't Safety Concerns.

I have for many years, been a pilot with a major airline in Northern Europe, that most would call highly professional. I have also due to family circumstances, jumpseated a million times on TAP during those years!
For whatever it's worth, I have on every jumpseat trip found, that the TAP pilots are as friendly, down to earth, and most importantly, well trained and professional as anyone!! I am happy to send my whole family on a longhaul trip with TAP tomorrow!

Last time we heard about AEI was a few months ago when they ran a campaign, that pilots in various european airlines were delaying logbook entries until the return trip to base,so as to avoid delays! They said that 80% of log entries were made on return to base when the logical figure should be 50%!
They made it sound like pilots flew dangerous aircraft back to base! Never acknowleding that pilots are well capable of deciding that a blocked seat due to vomit on the cushion, or lack of paper for the ACARS printer can wait to be taken care of on return to base, they wanted to tell Mr and Mrs SLF, that 30% of flights in Europe where a log entry was made were operated dangerously

I think that AEI needs to come out with some serious proof. Now. Or they are also culprits in this "dangerous behaviour"! I think that AEI has an agenda, that has nothing to do with safety, and all to do with a union trying to protect jobs in an unfortunate era of crisis and jobcuts in all airlines!