PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 09:29
SG_Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunshine always follows rain...

Time to take out some wet weather gear as it's the 'wet season' and everything is looking grey. SIA's mainline and cargo with excess pilots, HR asking cargo pilots to take no pay leave, halting hiring cadets from India (Malaysia?), reducing the number of cadet intakes and the generally bad shape of the aviation industry, things are starting to look really grim. Open any aviation publication and you keep reading about another airline biting the dust.

Not a great time to be on the cadet pilot-to-be list but sure beats not being on the list at all.

However, if cadets start training during the slump period, the industry should be in an upwards trend as most of the cadets pass out to be FOs. There should be a demand for more pilots as they take delivery of the A380s and B787s to expand their fleet size (hopefully the senior captains retire early!).
As the song goes, "I don't practice Santeria and I ain't got no crystal ball", but one thing I know for sure is that sunshine always follows the rain.

*Fingers Crossed*

SG Aviator