PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which watch do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 08:57
Jackboot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watches

Every day watch is a Seiko military chrono with green fabric strap ( where can I get a new one?). Silly date window BTW - who the hell can read that?

I also wear a U-Boat for display flying, simply because it has an enormous face and I can mark it with chinagraph for my slot times.

Following the earlier assertions I therefore have a teeny peeny because, in my 50's, my eyesight aint what it used to be...? No complaints from the missus so far, maybe shes just being kind when she tells me i'm hung like a donkey?

Both watches keep fantastic time. I can't understand why, looking at the Ebay prices, Seiko don't offer the model any more.

The U-Boat, at around £1500 a pop (?) aint cheap, which is why I bought a fake in Turkey for sixty quid.

I think that the multi function pilots watches are a joke but probably worth paying a few quid for a fake if the look blows your frock up. Fakes used to be really bad but I am sure share the same movement these days.

I used to be in the vanity business so I probably know better than most what makes some people tick ( bit of a pun there if you look closely........).

Buy yourself a cheap watch that tells the time, maybe with a stop watch in it if your eyesight is any good - or a fake if you need the bling - and spend the change on fuel.

JB