PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 08:41
Vie sans frontieres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sobering maybe but the stats make no reference to what proportion involve Human Factors. Tucumseh and Chugalug2 have been suggesting that military flying is less safe than it used to be because of a reduction in airworthiness whereas my contention is that the proportion of helicopter accidents that involve Human Factors has increased, indicating that technical faults are less prevalent than they once were. Additionally, the general trends for all aircraft appear to be downward so surely that suggests a general improved airworthiness throughout the various fleets.

For nigegilb to suddenly suggest that the training of aircrew contributes to the airworthiness of the machine is changing the goalposts somewhat. I thought we were talking about the airworthiness of inanimate objects here, not the chaps who fly them.

Some of the vitriolic responses generated here are an indication of how wrapped up in their self-righteousness some members of this campaign are. You clearly can't see the wood for the trees in some respects. I say again. The silent majority in the aviation world think that this has gone on too long and that it's about time it was dropped. Start listening to reason.