PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIAN SPIRIT under new management
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 02:41
ads1963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ mandaragit

I don’t know personally any of the guys involved in the management/ownership of the airline but I have heard from my friends over in the Philippines about them. If I am not mistaken, I have met Cpt. Loudmoth on a few occasions during layovers in KSFO during his time in PAL when he was already a Napoleon type of pilot.

My English is as good or as bad as anyone else English but what does this have to do with the ways the airline is run?

I have received several mails in response to my postings from the Philippines and I was given valuable information about the operation of Asian Spirit/Zest Air in the past. I can see that this airline is going the way of One-Two-Go here in Thailand http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/2...-sep-07-a.html and this because there are some stooges in the management who do not know how to manage an airline at all.

Basic said it very well in his posting http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/321976-asian-spirit-under-new-management-7.html#post4611002:

when will Yao stop listening to CPT. LOUD MOUTH?!

Capt VP operations! Do something! At least your the last resort for the Company!

These guys do not know how to run an airline and it looks also to me that the VP Operation is the last insider who is knowledgeable and capable to replace CPT. LOUDMOUTH. Otherwise they would have to resort to “pirating” managers from other airlines – as they did in the past – and who wants to join an outfit like that except for people who are considered “dead wood” and ineffective. You can see it in the people who joined them (VP Marketing etc.) Other airlines were happy when they left because they knew of their limited capacity and they were just a burden to the other airlines and are now considered “valuable assets” of this “airline” aka general aviation operator of larger planes.

I think your perception of an airline is wrong! It’s definitely not about job creation but about money making and service. If an airline does not provide proper service it can not make money because nobody will fly with it and pay money for their tickets. No investor in his right mind will put up an airline to create jobs. Did you ever study in college? Economics comes first before you can decide to create jobs and your business plan execution will determine the profitability of your business and if the management are mis-managers the owner is in trouble.

The payment for nonexistent flights is a form of fraud. The pax is offered and has paid for something which does not exist and his money is held by the airline inside their daily cash flow. So the airline works with the pax’s hard earned money and keeps it for 60 days or more because the airline claims the credit card company is not crediting them back within 60 days.

A good service policy and not an oath of allegiance would be the proper way to go. But again the airline goofed up on this.

Haven’t you learned in college the following principlaes in managing a successful company?

1. Leadership:First of all, you need good leadership. Great leaders raise the aspirations of their followers; they make people more confident, energetic and enthusiastic. Such leaders make people embrace the adage: a plausible impossibility is better than a convincing possibility. People, who are motivated by great leaders, dream big, make sacrifices and achieve miracles. It is not sufficient just to have great leaders.
You need a mechanism to identify, train, empower and mentor successive generations of leaders. Such leadership training and mentoring has to become the responsibility of the current generation of leaders.
2. Vision: You have to create a grand, noble vision which elevates the energy, enthusiasm and self-esteem of everyone in the company while ensuring that everybody sees a benefit in following the vision.
3. Benchmarking: Your company has to benchmark itself on a global scale in every area including sales, production, human resources, R&D and finance. It creates an open and confident environment where first-raters recruit first-raters.
4. Measuring To Improve: A great company continuously measures and improves the following attributes: meritocracy, fairness, justice, openness, speed, imagination and excellence in execution.
5. Shared Values:A great company practices an enduring value system, and follows the finest system of corporate governance.

If not, go back to school and study so that you get your goals into line.

And for your information: I am not a Pinoy but a mixed Thai/French national. So much to your statement:

i consider you a true blue, genuine, filipino crab!

And forget your CAAP because they are still rotten to the core and nothing has changed since the good old days when it was still called ATO. We are facing the same problems here in Thailand.