PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline add ons
Thread: Airline add ons
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2008, 00:48
PeterPaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TartinTon, You said:
clearly you're an idiot. If you're 4 kilos overweight then pay for 2 bags and split the load. Once again the airline hasn't deceived you.
I said:
140 EUR for one (just one) bag, weighing 19 kgs. Plus the 50 friends 100 EUR, weighing 4 tons. Do you really think this is casual? not carefully calculated to keep customers off guard? That is to deceive them, to defraud them?
Think again. Who is the idiot here?

It has told you what the allowance is and what the charges are.
If the friend with the bag unexpectedly produces it at the airport (no internet bag booking) then the 500 EUR check-in fee is unavoidable, no? Grand total in this case 650 EUR for one bag. And you think this is normal and fair, there is no intention to extort money. Who is the idiot?

Life-jackets/toilets etc are all must haves and as such aren't charged for.
Exactly. Are these not costing? They do. What happens? The cost is embodied in the ticket. So should be (reasonable=20 kg) baggage, check-in, card etc. At the very least, the charge should be reasonable or proportional to the ticket.

I wasn't aware that Ryanair was going to kill you should you refuse to pay
Seems people is much less "understanding" nowadays. Back then (600 B.C.) they could understand what
"A pretence of choice is no choice indeed" means.

complaining about the fact that his 2p fare cost him the "outrageous" £10.02
I can understand your feelings about being able to fly with small amounts. Think however, there is people that always fly on 1€ or less (total, no more for anything). Usually much less ! Then one must be grateful to an airliner. No, one mustn't. This time I suggest you don't try to understand. Things are way too complicated here (taxation, subsidies, marketing, funding, liquidity, monopoly (not a game) etc etc, it is too complicated).

(PS
Don't be too clever, really. Splitting the bag of 19 kg to 2 pcs for one passenger (no polling) will not work, it will cost you 40€ more. Splitting into 3 pcs will cost you 80€ more. I don't know splitting into more pcs. You didn't realize it? Many don't. Small print. They are ready and waiting you know.)

Last edited by PeterPaul; 29th Dec 2008 at 01:57.