PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai the biggest and deepest S.H. on planet Earth
Old 29th Dec 2008, 00:08
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "if you don't like it, leave" crowd has to be the most predictable and boring bunch of unimaginative gits on the forum. Their ilk is found in all sorts of locales, unfortunately not limited to the internet. If you can't present an argument or refute facts, just tell them to leave. *yawn*

yeah, if you don't like it, piss off. Don't stay and keep pointing out that raping 13 year old boys is wrong. Instead, let's just keep pouring on the rhetoric about how everywhere else has their problems like, um, earthquakes 'n stuff. Cause that's really relevant and a stunning counter-argument.

But hey, for some it IS a pretty good life in Dubai. As long as I have that great villa in the Greens, a nice big tank-like SUV (fueled with artificially inexpensive petrol, of course) to ferry the kids to their (company-provided) private schooling, a nice Filipino maid to raise the kids (cheap) and can keep banking those tax free dirhams...who gives a ****? If you don't like it, leave. I'm all right, Jack, and I'm gettin' mine...

God I hate it when people remind me there's more to the picture outside of my (V-Cool) tinted windows...life is so much simpler (and easier on my conscience, what's left of it) when I can pretend reality matches that snazzy recruiting DVD....

For all of the incalculable money and effort that is expended to make Dubai seem like the greatest Miracle Of Civilization, (*sarcasm alert*) these types of postings only strike a very small blow towards restoring some balance. So small and probably insignificant that the strident negative responses make one go...hmmm.

I guess one could say...if you don't like these posts - leave. (the forum)