PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dannat: "It was about regime change"
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 20:51
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
Maple 01

You quote Iraq's breach of UN resolutions as justification of the invasion, but when the very UN charter appears to say that Regime Change is unacceptable you chose to ignore it - selective or what??

I'm not going to try to persuade you that the invasion of Iraq was unjustified - firstly because your mind is already firmly made up, and not open to persuasion, and secondly because I am still undecided myself ...

However, I am very "uncomfortable" with the whole Iraq enterprise, as are many people, both inside and outside the UK military. The previous few responses show you that many people are uncomfortable with it, and have evidence, arguements to back their point of view. This (apart from pacifists, possibly UK communists?) was not the case in WW2.

That is the whole point, that the UK public, indeed the UK military, were/are not firmly convinced of the need to invade Iraq (1 million odd people marched in the UK in protest). But the military carried out the wish of the UK government, whether they agreed with it or not ...