PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex SFT boss & Cabair start-up in Bournemouth
Old 10th Apr 2002, 21:25
Midland Maniac

It's great isn't it that the former students of SFT that lost thousands of pounds have been sold short by the administrators also!!! I mean how can you justify selling the aircraft so cheaply to someone who is working with Colin Green to set up another flying school!!!!!

I personally never expect to get any money back from the former SFT business or Mr Colin Green, but it does annoy me to see that he can so easily set up another FTO without the CAA batting an eyelid. Usually the CAA are the wonders of the rules and regs when it comes to licencing and flying matters, but obviously when it comes to flight schools, they really are not that bothered!!!

What i say to other wannabes out there is that if you are serious about becoming a Proffessional Pilot, then choose your flight school very carefully. Make sure that you know the history of the company and the history of the people that are running it. Lets not see another screw up of the SFT kind. It hurt me badly and I would not like to see anyone else in the same situation.

Hello to Flying Farmer and PilotTom!!!! Long time no speak. Hope that the job hunting is going well. I am working as an Aircraft Dispatcher at the moment, which is great fun!!! It's not flying, but at least I get to see the inside of an aircraft on a daily basis (best I can hope for at the moment!!)

Good luck to you both, hope that you get jobs soon!!

MM