PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 16:15
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vsf

It must indeed be disturbing for the relatives of all those on board to read items such as this:
7. As a trials organisation, A&AEE has always been keenly aware of the risks associated with operating the Chinook HC2 and has tailored sortie profiles accordingly. Crews of the RAF have no such luxury and are likely at higher risk than the A&AEE crews. As such, RWTS deem it imperative that, in the strongest possible terms, the RAF should be provided with a recommendation to cease Chinook HC2 operations until the conditions established in paragraph 6 are satisfied
Written on the day of the accident.

It must also be disturbing for them that every independent revue of this case has found it impossible to criticise the pilots due to lack of factual evidence.

Unlike you, I do not feel this campaign is doing any of them a disservice. Quite the opposite. My response is; shame on the MOD for their deceipt!

Since again, unlike you, people here actually KNOW some of the families involved, I shall, in all things prefer their view to yours!

Should you wish to discuss 'facts' rather than making opinionated (but ignorant) statements I am sure many here will happily respond.

Care to talk 'facts', or are you just a bag of wind?

Last edited by Tandemrotor; 28th Dec 2008 at 22:41.