PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 13:14
sixtiesrelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The lady on page 83

Definitely Dawn! Think we were havin' a bit of a party in the Ansett mess at Madang probably 1972. Buggered if I can remember what for... did we ever have a reason?
From the shakety memory, they were on an overnight in Madang after most of the crews has moved to Moresby and there were still enough of us to remain at the Ansett Mess.
When we got down to four DC3 pilots I got biffed into a flat along with "Boots" the TAA mess dog that had been handed over to us when their's closed down in 71? or early 72. He was a great fighter that dog. Came second in most bouts and always had the old fightin' scar on the top of his head opened up. Looked like a pink tongue flappin and gettin pussy for a fortnight before it got better... no vet in Madang and Boots didn't like flyin' to Moresby for treatment. Generally escaped in the luggage locker and alarmed poor oli when he opened the door. Ever seen oli runnin' backwards at thirty knots across a tarmac with a black projectile inches from his mug.
I see Dawn from time to time in Brisbane. She's still a great wag.
I haven't been lurking here lately Tinny... too busy bein' bad and not lettin' the Mem Sahib know about it.
Off to Perth for a last ride in the DC-3 in a couple of weeks.
I think I've got pictures and footage from every angle outside and from every seat in her, includin' the dunny.
Interesting thing is the different sounds the Video camera has picked up from each row. All beaut 1830 grumbles but "different" as you get further away from them and the wind oozing past gets louder as you sit more aft.