PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA and the DC-9
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 10:30
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Variable out of CBR, Dog One, depending on conditions. You young turks must wonder what the hell we are on about, with your maggots, and dugongs, and glass cockpits, but (and you are going to have trouble with this) we came off DC3s/4s/6s, twotters, fockers etc, and suddenly confronted with this beautiful little noisy beast, well, the scramble to get endorsed was like a bunch of schoolboys in a brothel. She would be a dinosaur to you blokes, but every so often a aircraft comes along that is for pilots, and she was one of them, like the B707. I saw one in Oshkosh in the 90's painted in shiny black, all over, belonging to some sheik, I could have happily died and gone to heaven then, and she did about three touch and goes, and I saw bloody tough old American airline pilots, and old combat pilots, trying to hide their emotions, I didn't bother. They say that the Mustang is the greatest Aircraft ever, followed by the Spitty, and the DC3, probably not much augument there, but jeez, she has to be in the first five, ask any pilot that has flown her, and watch his eyes glaze over and don't bother trying to move the smile from his face.