PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 07:45
tomjonesca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Midex Employee...

As an employee of Midex, I have to echo Lion 01s remarks. This is a good place to work, the pay is more than fair, the benefits package is good but it would be nice if the medical insurance would include the USA (it may in the future). We are affored large apartments free of charge. As of yet, nobody has to share an apartment. Al Ain isn't a bad place to live, it's a little quiet, but a descent place.

This company is owned by one Man. He makes the rules: we have the option to accept them or not. Nobody is holding a gun to our heads to work here. We do it by choice. Anyone that says otherwise has never worked here. Trust me when I say I have worked at much worse places.

Those that post here with their negative comments are either truely mis-informed or use to work here, got canned for doing something they shouldn't have or couldn't get a job here because they couldn't qualify. If you don't work here, then what you post is only a rumor.

Yes, our pay comes to us every month. The only bad part is... you have to be IN COUNTRY to get that pay. So depending on when you leave here to go home, it could be an impact on some. Why is it this way... because there is ALWAYS a few out there that try and work the system, cheat the company they work for, do what they can to milk someone out of money they don't always deserve and for that: the rest of us must pay the price. It's not easy, the pay system we currently have. But I truely believe that as time goes by, we hire crew members that want to be here, we will change the owners thoughts on this as he finds those that are here, return for work. When they are ready to not come here, they will give their 30 day notice and move on.

As far as the guy that made the comment "how long are you 747s guys going to hang in there"... me, I'm here for the long haul. I get paid, I get my medical, I get my roundtrip airline tickets... I have a job. The flying will come. It has already started.

We will be hiring A300 crews in the near future. 5 of the 6 planes are now online. I don't know when the 6th will come on. The 747-200, from my understanding, will be the only classic flown here... unless a really good deal on a really good plane shows up and then who knows. Midex LLC owns several 747-400s. It is RUMORED, from the owner himself at our last crew meeting, that he may bring 2 of them online sometime next year. I'm sure this will depend on how business goes. It's a wait and see game.

And for those you that have to ask questions like "are you management"... no, I'm not. I'm just a PFE glad to be here and have a job.

Happy Holidays to all of you...

Tom