PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar closing Cns base quietly?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 05:29
KueEnHaitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GenEx- you are my hero.
"Anyone waiting for high-cost-high-yield traffic to prop up QF Mainline will be waiting a long time. I doubt that the Board will want Jetstar to continue propping up the dinosaur operation for much longer."
I mean you honestly know what you are talking about. Obviously Qantas running daily flights out of Osaka, Tokyo, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Sapporo as well as other places in the past- which took them decades to cement in the Japanese market, but which ultimately was a real bread winner for Qantas- was flawed.
You should run the Qantas Group marketing strategy board- you have the same ideas as them. The Japanese love JetStar so much that the travel bureaus up there bus or train their passengers out of Osaka/Kobe and Nagoya to Narita to get on the Qantas flights. I operated many flights out of Osaka and Nagoya before they were given to Australian and ultimately JetStar and I can assure you that we never had more than 10 spare seats. So its working well- keep up the good work.
And as for that pesky onedotlow character. Obviously doesnt know what he is talking about. I mean why would you fly one dot low when you have a vasi set up for a jumbo and you are flying something with a lower eye crossing height? What a loser! Tell him to get a life.