PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phuket Air Safety Issues
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2008, 04:48
ChristySweet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Air Passengers Smoking Next to Plane, Lax Security Screening

Just a bit on the climate of safety in Thailand.

On tues Dec 23 at 14;10 Pm Bangkok Air flight Pattaya, U-Tapao to Phuket.

3 male western passengers lit up cigarettes on the tram on the way out to the plane. The fuel truck was present and still had the static line attached as we approached. These passengers were in the row immediately behind the driver of the tram and the female Bangkok Air staff member who did nothing to stop them.
The passengers then stamped out cigarettes while in line to board and the debris was left on the ground.

About this time I realized I'd been allowed to pas through x ray with a full litre of liquid. I confronted the staff on this fact and the smoking and her response was how did she know I'd brought the liquid from outside the airport?
Because I'm telling you
" Well, you may take it on board, anyway. "she smiled .

U -Tapao, in addition to being Bangkok Air's private international hub, is a military installation with US jets stationed there.
I tried to call the aiport to report these gross safety violations.
The airport operator does not speak English ( International airport) but he gave me another number to call where I was the hung up on twice and passed around 4 times. Not one person in the " Security" department spoke English, or at least pretended not to.
I called Bangkok Air and did speak to a women who's response was,
" Uh Uhhh, Huhhh." Literally.

I did get her name but I seriously doubt this will get passed onto upper management. Even if so ....
"My Pen Rai...." (Don't Worry, Be Happy )

ALL Thai Airlines-Caveat Emptor !

Last edited by ChristySweet; 28th Dec 2008 at 05:29.