PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2008, 23:58
Allocate_on_Arrival

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
en réponse

Why oh why...

I've have bitten my tongue for long enough now... it's just getting silly.

WWW, what was that last prediction of 'fire and brimstone' in response to, or was it just our weekly dose of your version of morbid reality?

I'll tell you this for free, you are not in a position to cast predications. Don't get me wrong, the rest of us aren't either, that's why we all sit silently (most of the time) awatching this thread, awaiting movement in the industry or economy.

The quake has not yet hit.
Blatant scare-mongery.

Let me ask you this now, are you involved with the CTC wings scheme in any particular way or is it just a little fun to scare off potential new pilots. I am just bemused by your avid interest in it. Is it easy bait to pick on pilots new who are not aware of the this industry and its sinusoidal nature?

Put yourself in the situation of the people who are already nuts deep into their training or are head down in preparation for selection. How can you possibly guarantee there will be no place for them in the industry when they complete training? I believe the answer to that would be no...

Let's get down to the nitty gritty:-
FACT: The holding pool is about 50 strong
However (commar one space)

FACT: 8 people were placed with TCX in September (merely weeks after XL and Zoom went t1ts skyward)
FACT: X people start type rating with EJ (something you should know all about apparently) on 737's in a couple of weeks.
FACT: There are upcoming EJ 737 TR's booked in 2009
FACT: Monarch have said they expect to re-recruit in 2009 the cadets they laid-off
FACT: Although EJ guys were laid off, their bonds were paid for them for 6 months whilst they either found alternative employment (which CTC helped with) or held out for return positions in the summer.
FACT: Flexi-crew is a short term solution to what we all hope to be a short term problem. However if this 'recession' proves to be more than transitory then HSBC will have to arrange different repayment options, remember thought you still have the best training in the industry and the most competent and experienced placement team behind you. Not to mention the chance of serious employment under the flexi scheme. Its just like pay-2-fly without the paying and the hatred of the entire aviation industry.

Or you could always go elsewhere, complete your training and buy a photocopier and a franking machine with your change for all the wasted CV's you'll have to send out. Only to find yourself 5 years down the line flying a washing machine, trust me, been there, seen it all.

CTC is not perfect, but you could do a hell of a lot worse.

Jerry's final thought:-
Up-to this point WWW, of reading your posts I have drawn nothing useful or constructive, merely speculative and vacuous semi-facts. Maybe its just me and my many years of experience in the industry or perhaps the delusions of moderation have gone to your head?

Is it too much to ask for a new years resolution in 'The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread' to be 'I must tell the truth' and 'I must not speculate'

Answer: Probably