PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2008, 21:28
Chugalug2

Received 234 Likes on 72 Posts
Please don't worry on my behalf, Vsf, I am very calm. What your supernatural intentions are for your family are of course your concern and presumably theirs. Your glib attitude to airworthiness as being "proving anything you want with statistics" ties in very neatly with the contempt held for it by the MOD. The only difference being of course that the MOD is the Authority for UK Military Airworthiness provision, and you are not. I am very well aware that it is the job of "the guys and girls across all three services just get on with it", I used to be such a guy. It is also the job of the MOD to ensure that the aircraft that they "just get on with it" in are airworthy. It did so in my day, but they have not it seems for the past twenty years or so. As to:
If one of the four guys wasn't happy with the aircraft on 2 Jun 94, they wouldn't have got airborne in the first place. That's an incontrovertible fact.
That is plain tosh and you know it. So the gross negligence was signing the F700 now was it? It seems to move further and further away from the accident site. In that we agree at least, but keep moving for we have further to go yet both in space and time. There was gross negligence all right but by others, and much further up the food chain.