PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline add ons
Thread: Airline add ons
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2008, 20:57
liamfr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyingfunder : please could you tell me what your definition of an airline is? an airline to me is a business providing air transport. so in answer to your question, yes, Ryanair to me is a low cost airline. (i won't be as pedantic as giving a defn of the term low cost airline)
I really don't understand where you get the term 'high cost ripoff' from. Nobody is forcing you to purchase any snacks or beverages from the onboard shop. Ryanair, unlike some airlines who claim to be low cost, don't have a problem with you taking on to the aircraft your own food and drinks. the only exception to this i have ever been made aware of is in relation to hot drinks, but this is done on health and safety grounds. With regard to baggage fees, simple. Pack intelligently if you want the lowest possible fare. Credit card fees? Ryanair at least offer a free method of payment via an electron card, which many High Street banks will provide you with in addition to your usual debit card on request (certainly my bank the Co-operative, have provided me one for this very purpose)

flyingfunder, or should I just call you Sherlock, when you have finished 'investigating' Ryanair (by the way as i'm sure someone on here will point out that is the name of the actual airline, yes I admit i'm being pedantic now), perhaps you can extend your investigation to Jet2, I look forward to reading your exposee on their non optional charges. Oh, please try reading back in the forums as your comments seem to have been brought up time and time again by other members.

EI-BUD : Why do you have a problem with somebody being charged for a service that they haven't paid for? The pax had paid for 1 piece of hold baggage up to 15kg, they (or the person they have nominated to make the booking) had agreed to this, and yet decided to carry more weight than they had paid for. If I went to a pick and mix in a cinema and was told I could take 500g of sweets, I'd ensure I took 500g of sweets. If I took 600g, I'd expect to be charged for the extra 100g. Unless easyJet have changed the baggage allowance since I last checked, it is still 20kg per passenger, up to a maximum of 32kg per individual piece. The extra 12kg would be charged at £8 per kg. Why didn't this pax simply take the 2kg as cabin baggage, after all Ryanair have a generous 10kg allowance free of charge.

With regard to the euro/sterling exchange rate, yes it may seem unfair, but Ryanair are ultimately a business, and a business reporting in €'s. The prices in the in-flight magazine are an invitation to treat, Ryanair aren't obliged to provide the goods at those prices. They have acted in good faith by previously selling at those prices so please don't anybody try claiming they could be liable for prosecution for false advertising.

With regard to the lack of a second cup, I simply put the teabag onto the paper that is handed out. Ryanair should be applauded for cost cutting unneccessary expenditure at this difficult time for everyone connected to the airline industry.

Anyway, back I go to hiding in the bushes, long time lurker and all.....