PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline add ons
Thread: Airline add ons
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2008, 18:35
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add Ons

flyingfunder, an interesting theme! I flew Liverpool to Alicante on Christmas eve with Ryanair. I have always been a fan of the airline for many reasons but it is just gotten so damn cheap in so many ways.

Firstly at check in a man had 17KG of checked luggage and he had to pay excess fees, I realise this is in the terms and conditions but when you actually see it and remember that Easyjet allow 32kg it is scary! And as I always take a carry on case for convenience and speed at the destination I never actually get to see passengers being charged!

Then on board the inflight mag said stg1.60/Eur1.80 for a small airline size tin of pepse. However, the attendant was charging Stg1.80 and said that due to the excahnge rate this was necessary. The cost of the pepsi is probably no more than 20p each and since Ryanair have pepsi only I imagine the cost is less! The airline probably bought the stock at an agreed price and may have been invoiced before the new inflight mag, I find this so stingy. I paid subsequently!

Furthermore, the airline serves the sugar sachet and stirrer in a piece of kitchen towel folded in a certain way to save the cost of the second cup/glass. This is ridiculous as if you want to have a cup of tea where are you to put the tea bag?

I actually never thought I would hear myself say this but I will be avoiding Ryanair in future at all costs, and many of my previous emails will be at odds with this point of view. I hope dearly that Aer Lingus remains independent and no take over occurs.

Gladly I will be flying back Alicante Belfast with easyjet an airline that is low cost but civilised.

EI-BUD

Ps I got a little off the point!