PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Santa wavexs on Christmas Day
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2008, 06:04
[email protected]

Received 667 Likes on 293 Posts
Unfortunately, on Christmas Day, there was no way to do a wavex legally unless you were operating inside a MATZ. We don't have one of those and our 2nm ATZ doesn't reach far enough.

If Santa wavexs were done then it was at the Captain's discretion who then opens himself up to a whole world of hurt if someone does complain.

The Wg Cdr who wrote the signal clearly wasn't prepared to shoulder the responsibility himself since a simple paragraph or amendment to our exemptions would have done the trick.

It's too late to moan now I suppose but maybe next year someone's conscience will be pricked - either that or the ghosts of Christmas past present and future will need to visit MoD

Edsett - sadly it's more likely to be:

"Bloggs, a horserider was hurt when your low flying aircraft spooked her horse on Christmas Day - why were you low flying when there is a signal expessly forbidding it"

"Errrr - I was spreading cheer to the local kids and giving the RAF some badly needed positive PR Sir."

"Bloggs - you're sacked and take a 6 month OOA in the Stan before you go."

"But Sir I was only trying to do the right thing."

"We don't do what we think is the right thing to do in the RAF Bloggs - we do exactly what Air Rank Officers think is the right thing to do - they know best after all."