PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2008, 04:41
jimmyjetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotta agree

During my time there, I met lots of management, especially in engineering. I don't think any of them have ever picked up a wrench, but they all had nice salary packages. The company outsourced its Colombo and Bangladesh flights, leaving its own aircraft to just do the Calicut run. Why they didn't maximize their own aircraft's flight hours, I do not know. The N-registered subcontractor was doing tons of flying (when it wasn't broken), while the RAK aircraft did very little. When I asked the chief pilot about future aircraft, he admitted that they weren't even sure what type of plane was going to be bought, as they couldn't even figure out a route structure. I don't even know how Air Arabiya could fly that Airbus to Dhaka without bumping half the passengers, the 757 would be at max weight. Looking back, I have to laugh at some of the nonsense management threw at their employees and subcontractors. They were little more than dead weight, taking a paycheck and doing very little. They treated their flight attendents like rubbish, and I feel little sympathy for them. Good riddance.

JJD