PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impressive display (of stupidity?) near Trafalgar.
Old 26th Dec 2008, 21:01
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizard, you are indeed correct and you have read that online or in the ops manual about the low level endorsement, however unless I'm horribly mistaken it hasn't come into effect yet.

HLB re: (ii) at a distance of at least 100 metres horizontally from any person
(other than any person associated with the operation of the aeroplane)
and from any public road;
or

If the people are let's say part of a family that had something to do with the pilot, and lets face it at this time of year that is highly likely, then there is little that can be done. You'd have to prove otherwise in court and you for one know how hard that can be.

Rest assured though pretty soon this won't be legal and if we see this kind of thing happening we can all start to dob, but again, unless you are prepared to put in a statement preferably with photos or video evidence, then little will be done about it!

There's always something that happens at this time of year. A few years ago it was a Skyfox that lost its wing after doing a lolly drop. This year it was a beatup hitting a power line.

Barry, I would be very interested if you could PM me an aircraft type. I know practically all ultralights in that area.......