PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This made me laugh
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2008, 19:20
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
In recent years, I have changed my seating row policy to be as near as possible to an exit. I tend to be one row behind or in front of an emergency exit row or, if in coach, as far towards the back as I can. Naturally, there is an enormous range of options based on a/c and cabin.

The reason is simple - I presume that my fellow pax will not know what to do and will impede my departure and that of any whom I am travelling with. They will not have listened and many will be obese. Whilst there are stories that, with a precautionary 'crash position' being announced, folks suddenly start listening, one must also presume that there may be no time for warning, the most startling recent occurrence was the BA038.

As I expect that the 'abandon ship' call will occur at any time, I keep my shoes fully laced up until we are at the cruise (LH only) and secure them as we leave the cruise. I keep my mobile (cell) phone, wallet and passport on me, or in the seat pocket to grab, as being the most helpful things to me should I find myself unexpectedly turfed out of an a/c.