PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This made me laugh
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2008, 16:48
Flapping_Madly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This made me laugh

Recently-Flight Spain to UK-Sort of mixed cabin crew. Safety briefing by recorded voice with performing cabin crew. the girl nearest us went through every motion--pointing at the floor lights--tugging the oxygen tube--showing the doors and safety vest.

Problem was she beat the recorded voice by a country mile. At least 30 per cent of the voice message was done after the girl had cleared off.

The cabin crew forewoman or whatever they are called made the usual tannoy announcements and my wife insists that she caught at least two words she recognized.

A quick survey of the other four people in the row showed they were in the same state as me--I failed to understand a single word she said. I'm glad there was no emergency.

I'm not getting at this airline at all-plane was clean and 5 minutes early--as they took the time to tell us after a fanfare. I just thought it was all quite funny really that things could be so " going through the motions " and done so uninterestedly.

Will I use them again--course I will they are cheapish and fly where I want when I want. Statistically how often will I need to understand emergency messages?

As you obviously can spot I am only SLF