PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money worries..!
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2008, 13:39
Keygrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the most fascinating hurdles I find in this industry is the research for the millions of questions that crop up during your "dream".

Very few (if any) of the flight schools teach anything beyond how to physically fly the aircraft - but there is a whole world of advice and legislation that parallels the flight training.

Rather than asking for the answers - from a peer group of absolutely unknown qualification and experience - you should be asking *yourself* "Where can I find the official answers".

If you have been dreaming of being an airline pilot since the age of three (when you didn't even know what one was), go *research* the answers in the official documentation.

Of course you should read the first hand comments and questions of others - but I would be wary of the answers given to direct legislative questions, as they are often incorrect.

What does JAR FCL 1 say about "after I have PPL, exams and CPL, can I work as an instructor"? What does Lasors say about it? What does the Air Navigation Order say about it? What does the "Air Pilot" (sic) say about it? (Answer to the last one, in this case - nothing".

What is *in* JAR FCL 1? What is in JAR FCL 3? What difference will EASA make? It's all out there to be learned.

What can you do with your PPL? What can you do with your CPL? Does the answer to that answer your question of "can I work as an instructor"?

RESEARCH!!

X13...none of these points were directed at *YOU* (alone) - they were directed at all the posters who ask the same repetetive questions without bothering to try to find the knowledge themselves.

We *all* fall for it in some way - I posted a question last night in "Computers".....but could have done a Google search for initial answers and then asked for fine tune responses when I had narrowed the field a bit..................."my bad".

Welcome to PPRuNe, by the way, and best of luck with the wonderful new hobby of the PPL. It's great fun.