PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 26th Dec 2008, 04:47
theedmancometh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orthotics

Not sure if this is really the right thread to post in, but I doubt it's worthy of a new thread.

Has anyone been medically rejected during the ADF Pilot recruiting process for wearing orthotics/inner soles?

I'm struggling to find any information as to whether it is a cause for rejection. I asked DFR if I could speak to a doctor, only to be told I'd have to get right through to the Assessment Day before I'd have a chance to speak to anyone. I feel that at that point it'd be likely the doctor would be the one doing all the talking.

I knew plenty of people in the RNZAF that wore orthotics, the difference being that they (and myself) had been issued them whilst serving (post recruitment). I'm not sure what view the ADF takes. The reason I ask is that the question of wearing orthotics is raised on the recruitment Medical Questionnaire. Obviously I'm not prepared to lie about my wearing of orthotics, but I would like to be aware of the consequences of saying I do.

It seems a silly reason to prevent someone from going any further in the process, especially since wearing them never once stopped me from being posted, deployed or from passing a fitness test.

Ed