PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2008, 20:28
Alan Biles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dxb 1976

Here's a few more from the attic...

Bell 212 VR-BEE (The Lemon) shut down in the main drag at U.A.Q. August 1976.

And again with admiring audience. The policeman was desperate to be in the photo. Dave Cramp and I had gone to R.A.K. International (such as it was) to collect the local sheik chap. He insisted on sitting in the left seat despite our having fitted the VIP cushion in the back. He kept telling Dave to fly lower and lower so he did. Our passage over the desert was such that I could see the dust come up in our wake. After a few minutes of this, the sheik chap decided we could go a little higher.

Bell 212 VR-BFO on the line at DPC with a couple of Dubai Air Force 205's in the background. July 1976.

Waiting for the engines to cool down for a comp wash.

The 'Zoo Bar' scene of many an alcohol-fuelled thrash, was on the 7th floor of this building. It's since been demolished but the 'Intercon' Hotel lives on I'm told.

And this is/was the view from the 'Zoo' looking out over the Creek. The green area on the opposite bank was the British High Commision. The smudge on the horizon beyond the High Commision was the beginnings of the 'Sunley' Tower. Aug 1976.