PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And another
Thread: And another
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2008, 07:19
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in order of appearance...

Horatio Leafblower -nowhere in my post did I say anything about the ATSB or waiting for reports. Like you, I can speculate as to the possible cause of a crash and frequently do -the difference however is that I will usually keep that speculation to myself, possibly discuss it with associates but would hesitate to post that speculation in a public forum. Am I to assume that you would class me as "a prancing pompous git" because of that??? As you noted in another thread, there is nothing new under the sun... I agree. There are few if any "new" causes of aircraft crashes, just as there are few if any "new" causes of car crashes. The loss of life is no less tragic, the circumstances no more unique. The difference is that for car crashes there are few presumably professional public forums which the media frequent in search of quotable one-liners from the victims peers.

Stacko: I agree. A little less emotion would go a long way... precisely why I took exception to your comments. Your emotive characterisation of the victim as an idiot and your "no-loss" comment are in my opinion unnecessary, inflammatory and on this day of all days extremely insensitive.

Show some empathy for the victims extended family!!! Keep in mind that you Horatio Leafblower, you Stacko or any one of us may too make a mistake that ends our careers or life. How do you think you would feel reading these sort of comments and judgements of the final choice of your life? How do you think your family would feel reading those comments? How fair do you think it is to have your character, your life and/or ability as a pilot summed-up in one pithy little wise-crack -from someone that never even knew you as a pilot... or a person?

If you think you are comfortable with that, then fill your boots. But I'll tell you now, it's precisely that sort of **** that offends me most. I've lost some damn good mates over the years. Thankfully many of them before this facility to assasinate their characters existed. Ill-considered excoriations of the deceased do no-one any good. Subsequent attempts at justification of those comments merely sicken me.

There are lessons to be learned from every aircraft crash, as there are no doubt here today. Learn the lesson, but leave the rest of the crap under your lid.