PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Europe no salaries ? true or false ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2008, 06:02
Nightfire

I am a former SkyEurope employee, and although I decided to leave and go elsewhere, in order to pursue my own career-plans, I greatly enjoyed the thing, that SkyEurope is different to anything else.
We often had to do things out of the line, in order to help the company. Quite often (in fact usually), without getting any extra pay for it. It was just like in an aeroclub, where everybody had to participate "hands on", in order to make it work.

How many other airlines like that do you know? I doubt whether pilots in any other European loco company would ever work on their OFF-days, use their private cars for commuting between bases, do voluntary office-work, or stuff like that.
On the other hand, how many parties has your CEO ever organized for you? How many times did your entire crew ever go out together after a flight? Did your flight-ops manager ever put his hand on your shoulder and told you "thankyou, good job!"?

The thing is the entire SkyEurope working-atmosphere. People enjoy being there, even if they also sometimes complain (who doesn't). And right now, the company benefits from the fact that they always treated everybody with respect.

Which is exactly what so many other airlines fail to understand: Only happy employees are good employees.

Last edited by Nightfire; 25th Dec 2008 at 08:49.