PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Head of Royal Navy threatens resignation over push to scrap Harriers
Old 24th Dec 2008, 23:04
Gullwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackonicko,

Thank you for giving me such a very good laugh this Christmas. I do hope that 'Tourist' can provide one of his excellent translations of some of the rubbish that you have stated.

How on earth did the RN/FAA/RM/RFA/Army possibly win a major sea, land and air campaign in the Falklands, 8000 miles away, with such relatively small resources, poorly trained and inexperienced non-RAF officers, techicians, etc? Obviously in your very blinkered eyes that must have just been down to some very good luck and due to the fact that a relatively few number of RAF personnel were also there to save the day! You really are a joke and an insult to this countries armed forces. (To put it politely!!)

By the way, I am not in anyway knocking those RAF guys who were actually there in the thick of it during that war and did a very good job. I am sure however that they would be honest enough to say that the other forces coped extremely well in some extremely difficult worse case scenarios, without the rapid and flexible world-wide support that the RAF had previously said it could provide!

With your kind of stuck up, arrogant and ‘the RAF are greater than everyone else’ attitude, is it no wonder that the other services do not want the RAF trying to run their air own assets!

You are also good at twisting around what people are 'supposed' to have stated. However, I only hope that our politicians, non-biased forces personnel and the general public read this thread carefully and sensibly to see both sides of the argument and make their own minds up as to what is actually best for this Nation.

May I also take this opportunity to wish everyone a Very Merry and Safe Christmas, wherever you are in the world.